About Tobie Grama
In my 30+ years as a psychotherapist, I’ve gained a wealth of knowledge through extensive education and experience that allows me to be a highly effective therapist.
After graduating from The Hunter College School of Social Work in New York City, my education continued at The Training Institute for Mental Health in New York City where I earned degrees in Psychoanalysis and in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy.
I completed advanced training in EMDR and I am both an EMDRIA Approved Consultant, a Certified EMDR Therapist, a facilitator and on the faculty at The Parnell Institute. I am also fully trained in perinatal and postpartum stress, depression and anxiety.
Through the years, I’ve been fortunate to be able to share my knowledge and clinical experience with beginning and advanced psychotherapists as a clinical supervisor, teacher and mentor.
My experience and education has guided me to the philosophy that my clients are essentially healthy. I believe that a therapist and client work together as a team to restore the individual’s emotional well-being. My goal is to address the symptoms that are blocking this health, using a variety of methods including talk therapy and EMDR.
- MSW, The Hunter College School of Social Work, New York City
- Psychoanalysis, The Training Institute for Mental Health, New York City
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, The Training Institute for Mental Health, New York City
- Postpartum Depression, Anxiety and Perinatal Mood Disorders Treatment
- Facilitator and faculty member, The Parnell Institute
- Clinical Supervisor, Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy
- Clinical Instructor, Training Institute for Mental Health
- Parnell Institute
- EMDR International Association
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Psychoanalytic Society of TI
- National Association of Social Workers